So lets back up a bit. To add a bit more interest to the plain page, I started by putting down some old vintage papers with gel medium.
Onto that I scraped on some Golden Absorbent Ground (because I had an inkling I might also go down the infusions road), and I hoped that might give a nice toothy surface for those infusions to hang onto.
Next up was some Ochre Fresco Finish Paint, with Vanilla to knock it back a little. I quite liked the papers showing through, so I used a baby-wipe to soften back the paint and that also softens the edges and opacity too. Makes it all look a bit more randomly applied too.
Out with the PaperArtsy Infusions Golden Sands (CS05) for some depth and more warmth.
The next bit of preparation was to make some purple things that I thought might end up as embellishments. Strips of paper I tore from the edges of the vintage paper, a tag, a window from an envelope. Back to the colour wheels for reference, I was focussed on the secondary colour directly between the 2 Primary colours.....deep breath...here we go.....
They all got layers of paint in the dark and light purple mixes. A bit of Finger painting, tapping, dabbing, wiping, wetting etc
TIme to commit! I boldly stamped out the flowers and decided to draw stalks for each of them so I could vary the height of the flowers. Was quite glad these pencil marks happily rubbed off the background.
I thought I was going to add a purple frame around the entire exterior...but whoa.... that was just too much purple for me! Perhaps if I had stuck with all pastel shades that would have worked out OK. I settled for a few embellishments in addition to the base purple strips, and put some brown-ochre thread under each flower for a bit of texture. Even the camera is making this look brighter than it does in real life, the yellow is really not that bright!