We thought it was a good time to put all the Fresco finish paints in one blog post, this is a good reference point to see all the colours, and get a better understanding of the complete range.
Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paints are: chalk, acrylic, very matte.
For crafters, those 3 features make it a user-friendly paint to work with.
- it dries fast (no need for a heat tool)
- it is indoor/outdoor (UV safe)
- multi surface (no need for any primer/gesso) ... think of it as hundreds of shades of gesso
- the colours vary in opacity depending on the colour. Generally bright colours are more translucent than pale or 'dull' shades.
- Seth Apter (32 colours) these are muted and grungy
- Tracy Scott (28 colours) a bright and zingy range of colours
- PaperArtsy Core line (144 paints: 22 colour families of 6 and 12 'others' Metallics, glazes etc) Most of these colour families range from dark to light within a group of 6 eg grey-blues, yellow greens, neutrals etc
|artwork by Seth Apter|
|artwork by Tracy Scott|
- 3 glazes
- Pearlescent and Metallic sparkle glazes
- Frosting Glaze for on acetate or glass
- Drying retarder ideal with gel plates or hot weather
- Crackle Effect see one colour under another through the cracks
- 4 metallic paints: Gold, Silver, Copper, White Fire