Sunday, 16 February 2020

2020 #3 On This Tag: Funky Guys with ZA {by Etsuko Noguchi}

2020 Topic 3: On This Tag

Etsuko is on form today all the way from Japan with the new Zini Stamps. She's done a fabulous job with these fantastic new minis by Elena!
~ Leandra

Hi everyone, it's Etsuko My favorite things with you today, and I'd like to share with you several tags using new fabulous Elena's mini stamps.

Elena's new release is very humorous characters, so I've mixed her sentiments and Alison's quote on these tags. And I made them with a simple design to eye catch.

At first I used ZN41mini stamp and #5 tag, he seemed very happy and let him fly with many hearts into the sky. I stamped ZN41 by Archival Jet Black then I painted with various watercolor paint once dried I then cut around the image and applied to the tag. Hereafter, each character images repeated the same process. Alison's EAB03 quote is lovely on this. 

The background was colored Niagara Falls Fresco using Jofy's PS165 stencil on Seaglass. Then I adding mixed Buff and Snowflake Fresco by Kim's PS034 stencil. So sorry Seaglass and Buff look whitish and their true colors are hard to see.

Secondly, ZA23 is lovely making for someone's birthday.

The background was painted with Seaglass and using Grunge paste with PS034 stencil then sanded once it dried. I splattered Niagara Falls and Snowflake to the finish.

A fairy with a big face is muttering on the cake stand. Using ZN46.

I painted #8 tag with Sage Fresco then I used PS111 stencil with Buff, but the contrast was little strong, so I did a white wash by Snowflake. Once it dried I made EAB14 Alison's quote and ZN46 image applied to the tag.

Alison's quotes evoke various ideas, this time I applied to this image. Using EAB14.


I brayered Lemon Meringue and Snowflake Fresco then I stamped HPXT01 by Elephant, These HPXT05 bike and sentiment embossed by Baked Texture and some black powder. I made the ZN45 image in the same process and applied it to the tag.

Finally I made ZN47 image with different idea I did papers collage and many layers.

I didn't work with male characters so much and I took a little time, but while doing it gets interesting and I want to take on the challenge again. Hope you enjoy it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.

Blog: My favorite thing
Facebook: Etsuko Noguchi 
Instagram: Pixienest
Pinterest: Etsuko N

Saturday, 15 February 2020

2020 #3 On This Tag: Dance with the Fairies with EKC {by Carol Fox}

2020 Topic 3: On This Tag

Carol is so good at sharing all the detail of the choices she makes and why. I love how she started with quite a bold background, but knocked that back with a bold stencil in a very gentle wash of 'Snowflake'. For those paint geeks, snowflake is not quite as opaque as 'Chalk' or 'Cloud 9', so it can be helpful at time to have a white that is less 'bold', although yu can achieve the same effect by adding a glaze to any opaque if you wish. It's an interesting background on top of which Kay's new stamp-stencil combo really sit well.
~ Leandra

Hi everyone, it's Carol with you today, and I'd like to share with you a tag.
I have built a scene on my tag using stamped elements and dry brushing for my background. I also used my Stamping platform for the first time, it was a gift and I had just stuck it away, but Kay's instructions on the Coordinating stamp stencil said use a stamping platform so I did and it worked together like a dream.

The finished Tag

I went 2 colour contrast, but colours of similar depth and intensity for my background using the new paints Gold Rush and Khaki along with Mini stencil PM008.

I added more interest to my background by using Snowflake Paint through stencil PS136, I do love a nice big stencil on a background.

I stamped the house image using EKC35. 

I used the coordinating stencil PS181 to help colour it along with the latest paints Blue Bayou, Marbles and Globe Thistle and Mauve.

I had never used any of the coordinating stencils before, but there are  instructions in the Stencil Pack and I just followed these, it was very easy. Along with my shades of blues and Purples I used Gold Rush and Snowflake to add the final stencil details.

I re-stamped my image over the top and it brought the whole thing to life.

I stamped and coloured the flowers fom EKC35 using Marbles and Blue Bayou with Highlights of Snowflake and Gold Rush on the flower heads .I used Magic Moss and Granny Smith on the stems, just painting them freehand with a brush.

Here they are re-stamped over the painted images.

I added the pebbles from EKC35 and used Stencil PS179 with Little Black Dress Paint to add the little mushrooms.

The quote from EKC35 is stamped onto a bit of acetate packaging that just happened to be a nice shape and hung from the side with a little clip.

I do love a bit of height on a tag and here I have stamped and coloured flowers from EKC15. Layering them up to add that little pop of height.

As I previously mentioned I had never used any of the coordinating stencils for the stamps before and I was a bit worried when I saw the painted image before I added the stamping back over it, but I was amazed how it all worked and the extra depth it seemed to add to my painted image. Definitely something to add to my stash in future, 

I hope you enjoyed my post and I can be found at the following places.

Carol xx


A View from PaperArtsy HQ

A View from PaperArtsy HQ

About This Blog

Even though we've been blogging for quite some time only just figured out the followers button, so please follow us to hear about all that is new in the land of PaperArtsy. We'd love to share our ideas with you! Leandra

A View from PaperArtsy HQ

A View from PaperArtsy HQ