Before binding, I needed to make the book covers. This is the gel print that started the project...
The paper is quite thin. To make it sturdier I glued it to a piece of thick cotton and then onto a piece of cardboard (cut to size!) using with bookbinding glue, making sure I had no air bubbles between the layers. I left it to dry properly before adding two coats of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish - Satin Glaze on top of the print. This adds a nice layer of protection!
Back to the covers of my initial books! It was now time to get everything in one place, the covers and background, the stamps and stencils and my notes and ideas.
I chose as my main focal, the gorgeous steampunk butterfly from Tracy Scott stamp set 74 (TS074) and stamped it directly on the covers.
I stamped the element from Tracy Scott stamp set 75 (TS075) onto the second laser copy of the print that was adhered to cotton, and fussy cut these pieces. They will be used for the closure of the cover.
I took advantage of the leftovers to also stamp the cogs and screws from TS074 to be used as embellishments for the final touches. More fussy cutting!
I used one of them to add a faux-screw to 'hold' the twigs...
I hope you learned along with me and got inspired to try one of the ideas in this post!
Happy day! Ellie Knol