I had already started looking out for dried flower bouquets that I could take apart (and I finally found one at a reasonable price in a dollar store that had some really lovely seeds on stems I wanted to use) earlier this year, as I always love to have little collections of this 'n' that on hand whenever the mood strikes. I also gathered some rusty wire pieces, a round piece of green foam for arranging flowers, some tacky glue, cheap sturdy printer paper, archival stamping ink, two little empty spray misters, matte acrylic spray sealant, PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paints, Infusions and Rusting Powder and - of course - my cloche.
I sprinkled some PaperArtsy Infusions - Golden Sands (CS05) and Rusty Car (CS17) onto the printer paper and misted that with my prepared paint mix.
I did a variation with clear water instead of the spray paint. Then I decided to get a little more experimental!
I used my paint spray again with the two Infusions and misted the sprinkled on crystals and pigments really well. Then I made a print by putting another sheet of printer paper on top and rubbing across that with my flat hand. I pulled the print and found that produced some truly gorgeous texture! So I did several of these before I mixed my other spray paint - this time using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - Koala (FF141) - a nice warm grey. Just perfect for autumnal leaf backgrounds.
While the papers and prints were set aside to dry, I slightly altered some of the seeds I wanted to use by giving them a treatment with sprayed and brushed on Fresco Finish paints and PaperArtsy Rusting Powder (RP45).
I had cut off part of the green foam disc (as it was too high). Now I used that as a stand the wet cone and seeds could dry in. To activate the Rusting Powder I regularly sprayed them with white vinegar and heat dried that before I sprayed on another dose of vinegar.
So I went in with a detail brush and added a wash of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - Claret (FF31) and Concrete (FF63) right from the bottle here and there.
Once the stamped text had dried, I added a wash of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - South Pacific (FF45) on top and heat dried everything.
Time to prepare the base I wanted all my leaves, seeds, twigs and the teasel onto. I used some of the paper prints I had prepared as my leaves backgrounds and coated the ugly green foam disc with these.
To add a little more interest to the base I decided to wrap around some rusty wire before I started arranging everything else and finish up my home decor piece.