It is true- I could have left my sheep the way they are, but I really wanted to beautify them a little bit more. For a nice transparency effect I was hesitating between piece of acetate or vellum (tracing paper). I found acetate a little bit too boring- for a lack of better word. Fortunately I found in my stash coloured vellum paper and then everything clicked. There was one which was rose, and the other, turquoise. The rose one was perfect for Molly's hearts, the turquoise- for Dolly's handbag. Holly got nothing- it seems she is definitely not my favourite one! I stamped both sheep onto two pieces of acetate, this time with better and quicker drying ink- Ranger Archival (Jet Black). Then I fussy cut Molly's shape and Dolly's handbag.
The very last thing left for me to do was to fix their legs and hands. Since they are Art Dolls, I needed to make them a little bit interactive, hence the wire. There was a moment when I thought about using elastic or thread, but finally I decided on something more. You. can still play with it, bend it or make the sheep hold each other's hands. I coiled the wire to make it look as similar to the stamped limbs as possible, pierced the holes where the legs and hands started to be able to put the wire through them and then I attached it at the back with tape. If you don't want. the messy back to be visible, all you have to do is to re-stamp the sheep again on. apiece of thick paper, fussy cut their main body and glue them at the back covering this way the visible wire and tape.
The project would have been finished at this point, but yes, there is the question of adding incorrect colour to one of my sheep. I could have leave her like that, but I am sure she would not be happy having the same sheepskin as her friend. Since the first layer (the bad one) of glue and flock were dried already, I could easily add another one with more glue and this time correct, turquoise colour of the flock.
However before adding the flock, I decided to add some heart-shaped buttons to her legs and hands. As you may remember- she din't get any vellum embellishments, so I felt guilty. On the actual stamp image (ZA26) this sheep has small hearts instead of feet and hands. Luckily I remembered having tiny heart-shaped buttons in my stash, so I decided to embellish her tiny bit more.
Even though on the photo you can't see it too well, my other. sheep, Dolly got hairy legs and hands. To get this effect I added a little bit of glue to the metal wires and dipped them in the jar of flock.
My Sheep Ladies are done and it was a real pleasure. So let me introduce you to Molly:
Here is the whole, happy and beautiful, and very, very fashionable gang: