I decided to use PaperArtsy Fresco's rather than watercolour paints on some calligraphy parchment paper. I used my photograph to get some ideas of colours - I mixed PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Toffee Apple FF219 and Firebird FF210 in various quantities onto the parchment paper to see how they would look.
So now I had the main elements on my page but how to include my own photograph which felt rather "in your face" compared with the other delicate elements. I thought to make a little pocket for it to sit within but didn't want to lose the photograph entirely.
I decided to use some tissue paper stamped with the large text stamp which allowed the photograph to recede somewhat into the background. It took a little while to think about how to make a frame...I did hunt through a huge box of wooden frames but could not find anything suitable.
Die cuts to the rescue! I have a set of rectangular dies and managed to cut one inside the other to make the frame to hold the tissue paper. It toned down the bright colours considerably but I still felt it all looked a little bland...
The stamp along with a little muslin was just enough without overpowering the text and main element on the page.