All Life is an Experiment.
Sara has very kindly made a video for us, showing just how she brought the elements of this wonderful card together. As a reminder of the steps we also have photos and instructions below.
1. Place strips of washi tape onto white card. I chose three in a color scheme of black, white and gold metallic. They coordinate nicely with each other and will provide a distinct contrast to the teal Grunge Paste. Trim the piece and mat it on white card, then black. Tear the bottom of the black card.
2. Place some Grunge Paste on a craft sheet or palette and squeeze in a drop of ink. I’m using Clearsnap’s Crafter’s Aruba refill. One drop will do it. Mix with your palette knife.
5. Stamp the dot and spatter with tinted Grunge Paste as before on a piece of white cardstock. Let dry, then glue the washi tape layer on top.
6. Stamp and heat-emboss “all life is an experiment” with black embossing powder. Mat the long edges on black cardstock and glue to the washi tape layer, trimming the edges even with the sides of the white card. Glue to a black card blank
7. Add a layered silk flower as shown, and a knotted piece of teal ribbon.
I hope you enjoyed the project as much as I did! Remember, you can see a video tutorial for this project on the PaperArtsy You Tube channel.
Thank you also to the lovely Leandra and PaperArtsy for letting me share this project with you here!
A huge thanks to Sara from all at PaperArtsy, another fantastic video, great , easy to follow instructions. Tinted grunge paste is the perfect way to add colour coordinated texture to any project.