Hi everyone, Jo Myhill here again with another project for you. This month I have had the pleasure of playing with brand new products, all so inspirational in their own right. they led me to create this page of blue roses.
I began with the lush Chatsworth papers, these double sided papers are so thick and the designs and colours are a delight to use.
Chatsworth papers are printed on to our Smoothy Card Stock,acid and lignin free and printed with eco friendly vegetable inks. There are 24 sheets in a pack, 4 of each double-sided design. Each sheet is a lovely,versatlie weight of 240 gsm
I chose the 12x12 sheet that had Lin's fern like stencil on it. I first cut it to 8x8, but actually you could make it 12x12 or even 6x6, you'd just need to change the proportions of your other elements. Over this I added some thin washes using Cut-n-Dry foam of South Pacific and Hey Pesto mixed together and Tikka. I sanded with a sanding block and the leaf design seemed to pop back up!
Next I took one of the large leaf stamps from ELB09, and cobalt archival ink. I stamped randomly all over the page to add another layer and a little dimension and interest. These new stamps coordinate perfectly with Lin's existing range, and with her dies.
Next I created the tag, this was first painted with a mixture of Seaweed and Tikka. I then stamped the large italic quote from ELB05 diagonally over the tag in Coffee Archival and used the new dot stencil with Tikka fresco, just in the gaps between the quote.
Around the edges I used Chutney.I added a wash of Hey Pesto all over to give a hint of green in places and then further edged the tag with a little bit of South Pacific and Sapphire Treasure Gold.
Now for the flowers, the lower die cut shape is an old PaperArtsy die (no longer available) and a spare bit of the cut 12x12 paper. This was painted in Hey Pesto and edged in Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The rest of the flowers were cut using Eclectica Bloom #1, Grunge flower#1 and Grunge Flowers 2&3. All were cut and gently curled. Because the Chatsworth paper is so strong it doesn't tear and you get a really nice curve. These were edged in Walnut Stain.
To make the centre rolled rose I basically cut a spiral leaving a little bit of a circle in the middle (roughly where the stamped image is in the photo) and then rolled up from the outer cut edge. Because the papers are double sided you can choose which side you want to be the outer side and give a tonal contrast. When you've rolled it tightly pop a little bit of glue in the centre circle and let the rose unroll a bit and glue down. Hopefully the picture above shows how to cut the spirals.
Once all the layers were glued I added Sapphire Treasure Gold over the flowers to echo the blue on the background paper and the tag. The leaves were cut with Eclectica Leaf #1 die and stamped with the leaf stamp from ELB07 Each leaf was cut in half so they weren't quite as long.
A huge thank you to Jo from all at PaperArtsy HQ, we love the Chatsworth paper roses, how beautiful are they. We foresee those being used on many projects. You made great use of Lin's new stamps and stencils too, showing how well they complement each other.
If you would like to join in our weekly challenge with any of this week's guests who have blogged since Sunday night, then join in to link up your creativity HERE.You will go in the draw to win PA stamps of your choice! You need to link your entry by17:00 (London time) Sunday 2nd March 2014