Out came the gel plate, I wanted to try and lift painted dragonflies from it! I started with stamping dragonflies using the Squiggly Ink Mini (SM13) with Rangers Distress Archival Ink in faded jeans. I let that dry before painting Surfs Up directly onto the gel plate. After letting that dry, I rolled a layer of Surfs Up mixed with Slate to make it two shades darker over the top and pulled the image.
I used a combination of the Vintage Lace and PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Tinned Peas for the numbers. I decided to do a variation of keeping inside and painting over the edges for the numbers as I generally like a more grungy unkempt kind of feel to my art.
I continued to distress the stand using more layers of the Surf's Up tones. I watered down a small amount of Surf's Up to wash over the empty areas to give the brilliance back to the original colour.
Using the holes that I had punched as a guide to where the slots needed to be. I marked either side allowing the slot to be 5mm wide making sure to keep the spacing at the edges equal when laying out both pages.
I will be teaching various mixed media classes from my workshop in East Sussex UK including