As always I made notes of what I wanted to incorporate, which technique and also exactly which product I was going to use.
I found this box in my stash .. the perfect size for the envelopes! And ready to go; no need to make a box myself. I painted it with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - Cloudy. One layer did the job, it's so very opaque!
I pulled the print from the gelatin plate onto thin paper as it will be easier to adhere it to the box with a decoupage technique.
When the papers were dry I prepped both with a layer of gel medium. Leave to dry thoroughly.
Rust... I just love it. In a later stage I will stamp with script, so the rust will tie in perfectly with the vintage feel of the script of Hot Picks stamp set (HP1501).
Just add a tiny bit of PaperArtsy Grunge Paste to the metal pieces with a finger, drop some vinegar on it and the magic happens all on its own.
When dry, add touches of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics - Mermaid to it...and onto the adhering of the papers to the box! (I did not want to bore you with that). I mainly use bookbinding glue for its flexibility, sometimes thinned with a tiny bit of water.
Now some notes on applying extra color to the ZA stamped images. It is easy to use acrylic paints like watercolors; just dilute with water and apply a thin wash. The gel medium on the papers gives some resist and that makes the color easy to move around, or even to wipe it off if needed. Be careful with opaque paints with this technique as it will (partly) cover the lines of the stamped image. It's easy to wipe off though because of the heat embossing. I used the same colors as with the gelliplate printing.