There is Nothing that Can’t Happen Today:
Hi everyone, Sara here with another installment on my journey with Grunge Paste, Fresco Finish paints and Eclectica stamps. This time, I’m working some stenciling into the mix, too. I love how easily this adds texture to my cards—plus it’s just good fun!
So, you know that Grunge Paste has a natural putty color. Adding a bit of Fresco Finish paint means that you get the richness of the paint color, plus the fabulous texture of the paste. Perfect for stenciling!
The stenciled background is paired with background stamps from the Eclectica ESN12 set. I’ve embossed them in white, so there’s a nice combination of raised dimension—to coordinate with the raised stenciling—and the white matches the white on the stenciled cardstock.
Sara has made another wonderful video for us, sit back and watch as she shows how she created all these textures. As a reminder of the steps; we have photos and instructions below.
1. Paint an 18cmx14cm (5 1/4” x 7”) piece of white card with a coat of Candy Floss Fresco Finish paint. One coat should do it. Repeat on a piece of 8cm x 9cm (3” x 3 3/4”) white card. Set both aside to dry.
2. Mix a bit of Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint with a dollop of Grunge Paste on a palette or craft sheet. Combine thoroughly with a palette knife.
3. Place the Mini Harlequin stencil on white card and use the palette knife to apply the Hey Pesto Grunge Paste. Remove the stencil (be sure to clean it right away) and set the cardstock aside to dry.
It will look like this!
4. Use the palette knife to swirl a thin layer of remaining Hey Pesto Grunge Paste onto a small piece of white card. When it’s dry, use Jet Black Archival ink to stamp the quote. Edge with Vanilla Fresco Finish paint.
5. Align several background stamps on one Flexi Block, then ink with Versamark (or other embossing ink) and stamp on kraft card. Sprinkle with white embossing powder—I used WOW! Opaque Vanilla White. Heat set.
To assemble the card: Tear one short end of the embossed kraft card and glue overlapping the stenciled piece. Mount both on white card, then on Candy Floss painted card. Glue to the front of a 14cm x 18.5cm (5 1/2” x 7 1/4”) blank card.
Add brads in each corner of the stamped quote. Mount on the smaller piece of Candy Floss painted card, then use foam tape to adhere the quote, leaving a border on the right side. Mount on white, wrap with check ribbon and glue to the card front.
Easy! And how many different color combinations could you get from all the different Fresco Finish paints? Hmmmmm….I hope you enjoyed the project as much as I did!
Thank you also to the fabulous Leandra and PaperArtsy for inviting me to be part of the blog today!
A huge thanks to Sara from all at PaperArtsy for another wonderful card. The grunge paste is so versatile, and once mixed with the Fresco paints the possibilities are endless. We love how you have combined the textures of grunge paste and embossing powder... and then offset that with the softness of the ribbon.