Gathering the supplies is always the easiest part, but I never finish exactly with what I choose at the beginning. I knew I was going to use two sets of stamps: ESA14 and ESA24. What I was not sure about was the choice of Infusions.
The most important thing while doing the minimalistic layout is good planning. Since the project needs to be clean and simple, there is less place for error. That's why the first thing I did was to take out the main stamp I was going to use, place it on the paper and then decided on the size of this paper. I will give you a heads-up, I wanted to make 3 rows and 3 columns of circles in different colours, but what I needed was almost surgical-like precision. The circles are uneven, so I needed to stamp them correctly. Also I needed to make a grid on the page to fit them perfectly in the squares. I divided the paper into 3 columns and 3 rows (using a ruler this time- a challenge for me!).
Once everything was ready and I was happy with my planning (funny thing to plan so much in advance, I am kinda "go with a flow" girl, no real planning, just enjoying the process), I could finally start to great part of the project- stamping. As I mentioned above, I wanted to stamp with Infusions. The process is simple - you need to put tiny bit of powder on the flat surface, add just a drop of water to it and mix it. I used medium-size brush and added twice water with it to the powder- that's how much of water you would more-or-less need. Don't let the powder completely dilute and when you look at it you still need to see small particles of powder in the mixture and it needs to give an impression that there is not enough of the mixture to stamp. Just give it a few tries and you'll see what I am talking about!
Then take the circle stamp from the set ESA14 (mine was already placed on the block) and dab it in the puddle. You need to turn the stamp to see how much infusions-ink it took. If you see ink-empty spaces, just take a brush and add the rest of paint to the places when the ink is missing from.
Stamp it away, just be sure to be clean and precise about it. I didn't move the stamp even once from the stamping block- the key is not to move it and keep it in the same place. Of course I repeated this process 9 times, with 9 different Infusions, remembering to change the water and clean the stamp with baby wipes between each application.
This was the end effect and I am really happy with it- no smudges, perfect stamping, Infusions worked like a charm. Ok, it was not stress-free, but totally worth it! I think it's my cleanest project ever!
The last part was to use the word NOW- so grungy and so cool, which would fit perfectly into the project. The word comes from the stamp ESA14. I stamped it onto a piece of black cardboard paper, but instead of using white ink I just embossed it with Lindy's Gang white EP for more of an impact.
After drying it with a heat gun, I cut it to size and placed it onto the middle of the middle circle (circle no.5) with double-size foam tape.
The very last part was to just ink the edges of the whole project with black Archival Ink, so there is just this tiny bit of contrast added to the page.
Wishing you a beautiful day,