Now that I had found my method for the background pattern, it was just to replicate it to the card bases. I cut some A6 sized pieces out of white cardstock and then did the brush strokes to them, starting with the Fresco Finish Little Black Dress (FF19) marks and continuing with Infusions dye stain Black Knight (CS12) ones.
In this stage I believed quantity was the way as I then could use the "not so good" examples in some other project while the ones that worked out well could become the cards.
The finishing touches came apparent when I was filming a Reel at the same time. While in the beginning I thought that no sentiment would be needed, just the plant on top of the brush stroke seemed a bit bare. Like something was missing. As the stamp set I was using (FP008) had words, I thought to use those to add the finishing little detail to the cards.
While I had turned down the idea of a black plant on top of the black "swoosh", now the black started to intrigue me. This way the little detail would also make a balancing element for the brush stroke.
I inked the stamp using a watermark ink, stamped the sayings to black cardstock and embossed them using white embossing powder. I then cut the sayings loose in thin strips with the paper cutter.
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a go with minimalism yourself - it's fun, I promise!