Hi Everyone Brenda here. I am really pleased to guesting again at PaperArtsy tonight. When Darcy asked me a few weeks ago what I was making I told her it would be something around ‘scrapping in my journal’ as I wanted to use the really zingy colours in the Fresco Finish range with photographs. This is not quite how I imagined it then, but I am pleased with the fabulous bright background mixed with my more normal vintage style. I think it has worked really well.
This is a double page spread using old family photos (yes of me!!!!)
Cut two pages using the heavy smoothy card and using low tack tape secured them together. Cover both pages with a layer of gesso to seal the card. I then rubbed London Bus, Tango and Zesty Zing Fresco Finish paints over the page with a few mists of water
and a wet babywipe to help blend them. Heat dry.
Then spray with Goosebumps to create some texture and again heat dry. I then used two of my spare spray bottles and mixed a watery London Bus in one and in the other Zesty Zing and sprayed over the pages heat drying between each colour. Lastly I finished with a couple of sprays of White Linen Dylusions ink spray.
|Hot Picks 1301
Collect together some strips of hessian, canvas, card, and lace to create some textures, I also diecut some of the PaperArtsy Chatsworth paper using the Tim Holtz Courtyard frameworks die. Again I used the Fresco Finish paint sprays to blend the colours. To help create the vintage look I was looking for I gathered some rusted elements together (I usually make a batch of different things and keep them in a box ready to use). All the card elements were sprayed with the FF paints and the words had London Bus painted on the card first.
The next stage is to ink the edges of the card elements and the photographs, again to help create that aged feel to the pages. I adhered these with the strips of hessian over the tissue tape and before I finished assembling I added some dylusions cherry pie to the London Bus mister to deepen the colour a bit and sprayed in three places, letting the red be absorbed and drip a little bit. This was then heat dried. I forgot to photo that stage but here is a close up after I had finished. I also added some splatters of walnut crystal ink,
The last stage is to cut through the pieces that were overlapped across both pages and use the cropodile to make the ring holes. Then I added butterflies and journalling words that I print out myself.
Thanks for taking a look at my pages. I have a slightly longer version on my blog if you would like to see more.
Enjoy your crafting time this week.
A huge thanks to Brenda from PaperArtsy HQ. This is such a great idea, to tape the pages together and work on them as a whole until the end. We love the depth and richness created by layering the watery,spray fresco over the more solid frescos underneath. Spraying your embellishments with the same colours has really created continuity across the pages.