2016 Topic 18: Autumn Leaves
Hi everyone, It's me, Bracken, again! Hope you're all okay? This time I've been busy making a bird house not only for a bird but for a Hedgehog as well, which I have named Hogwart:)
1. First I painted the house with Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Slate(All paints used for this project were Fresco's), then applied Crackle Glaze in a few spots I'd like the cracks to show. Once that had semi dried, I painted Stone on top of the glaze and the rest of the house.
2. Next I mixed Slate into Grunge paste and covered the roof in it using a thin layer as well as the little ledges on the base. The underside of the roof and base were just normal Slate without the Grunge paste.
3. Using a trusty glue gun and small round wood chips bought at The Range, I glued together a stand for the bird house. As the chips were layered, I encorporated fake moss also bought at The Range (live for that stuff!..so cool and handy!)
4. I wanted to wind some sort of twig round the house but couldn't find one thin or bendy enough to wrap round it so took a small piece of one of my mum's ornaments...Sorry mum! (she didn't mind really). I attached that using the glue gun.
5. Onto a piece of thin card, painted chunks of Autumn Fire, Brown Shed, Cherry Red (limited edition:(),Claret, Blood Orange (Sadly no longer with us:(...But Claret is almost identical anyway), plenty of Irish cream (Good bye old friend:(...But Mushroom isn't a bad alternative) and Caramel. Once that'd dried, I stamped the cluster of leaves from the Squiggly ink set Flora and Fauna 3 using Jet Black Archival ink. They were then all cut out and stuck onto the twigs using the Ranger Glossy Accents.
|Flora and Fauna 3|
6. Hogwart was Stamped onto Yellow tissue paper which had been painted in watered down Toffee and Irish cream. He was then stamped with Black Staz-on. Hogwart was from the Squiggly ink Flora and Fauna set 2. He was also attached to the house using the glue gun.
|Flora and Fauna set 2.|
If you wanted to do something different, you could always create more of a silver themed bird house by adding treasure gold to the leaves and using glossy card to cut the leaves out of.
Hope you liked this are having a great day.
See Ya, ArtymeB:) X
Please feel free to cruise my blog but please be aware that I'm literally going into Exams head first at the moment so haven't and won't be able to post anything until at least next May so I can really focus on getting that good result.
Great to see you here Bracken, we know how busy you are and wish you well with your final exams at school. Wow, such patience to cut out all those tiny leaves, but a fantastic result. ~Darcy
We would love to see how you interpret this Autumn Leaves topic by linking what you make to our 2016 Challenge #18: Autumn Leaves, on this page HERE.
All of our bloggers love to see your twist on their ideas, particularly if you were inspired directly by their post.
All links go in the draw to win a £50 voucher to spend on products of your choice from the PaperArtsy online store. The Autumn Leaves link will close 17:00 (London Time) Sunday, Oct 2nd 2016. The winner will be announced 2 hours later at 19:00.