Hi everyone, Sue Carrington here and really excited to be sharing my first project with you for 2014! I'll be randomly popping by to share a few ideas like a few others from last year's GD team. Being the New Year, I've decided that this year is the year to get organised, so with this in mind I've made a new home for my Lynne Perrella stamps.
I love making this kind of project as it's not only useful but you can try out any new techniques or stamps that you've been itching to have a go with. I recently attended a Finnabair workshop so had a few bits and pieces left over so thought I'd use them up and utilise some of the techniques that we learnt too.
The covers are made from mount board and I've used Tissue Tape around the edges to neaten them up. I then cut 2 white card panels for both and tore up pieces of tissue paper and glued it down. Once it was dry I gave it a coat of Glue 'n' Seal as I didn't want it to disintegrate when I started to add the paint layers ! I've also added some bits of lace and more tissue tape and wooden Prima Marketing embellishment pieces.
Before adding anything else I gave the card a coat of Ice Blue Fresco Finish that I'd mixed with a little Satin Glaze. This kept the paint from drying out too quickly and also gave a lovely satin finish. I then stamped the images, which are all from the LPC002 set.
I stamped on to ordinary tissue paper and painted them from the rear. I used Vintage Lace Fresco Finish for the faces and Blood Orange, Smoked Paprika and Zesty Zing for other parts of the images. Once dry I painted over the whole of the back of the images with Lake Wanaka Fresco Finish and used the paint while wet as glue to stick the tissue paper to the card. The border across the top has also been stamped onto tissue paper and glued down using the same technique. I then glued on more metal mecahnicals embellishments and then started to build up layers of paint, making sure I dried them in between layers. (I've just realised that the stamp layout is the same as the stamp card, not intentional I promise!)
As I applied the paint layers I had a baby wipe in my hand so that I could soften the edges around the embellishments and the stamped images. I moved from Lake Wanaka to Space Cadet, then Baltic Blue to Pea Coat Fresco Finish. You will no doubt have noticed that my tissue paper background has completely disappeared ! I was so happy painting that I decided to cover it and let the paint to do talking instead !
I've used the same techniques for the back cover but this time I used the LPC001 set.
The main image has been painted with a mix of Blood Orange and Baltic Blue Fresco Finish which makes a beautiful purple. The bottom half of the image has been painted with Bora Bora as has the bottle, and they've both been stuck down using Lake Wanaka Fresco Finish.
I used the Mini 44 stamp with black Archival ink to add some script to both the front and back covers trying to keep all the stamping a bit random and horizontal.
Then to finish I used White Fire Treasure Gold over the embellishments and added a Curio Knob to the front.
I hope you're enjoyed today's project !
A huge thank you to Sue from PaperArtsy HQ. Storage can be an endless problem for many of us, and this is not just an effective solution but a beautiful one too, how inspiring it will be to see this storage solution in your workspace.
If you would like to join in our weekly challenge with any of this week's guests who have blogged since Sunday night, then join in to link up your creativity HERE. You will go in the draw to win PA stamps of your choice! You need to link your entry by 17:00 (London time) Sunday January 12th 2014.