So the time has finally arrived to let you all know what the buzz on Twitter has been about regarding #3UP ....
As we said earlier, people randomly started using the #3UP hash-tag on twitter, and they didn't realise it at the time, but by using #3UP when they tweeted, they had actually entered themselves in the draw to be players of the most mysterious game of #3UP. We know too well how everyone has struggled to keep schtumm, but also act like they know nothing about what is going on...and of course, only Gillian and Leandra actually know who is involved....ohh the layers of secrecy has been almost intolerable for some.... and the teasing....hint dropping....has been utterly hilarious for Gillian, Mr PA and me (Leandra) at least!
So, after a week or so of people not knowing why they were using this hash-tag, we sent out to selected 3UP-sters 3 random items; players received a substrate and a couple of embellishments, with a PaperArtsy card labelled #3UP. No instructions, we just knew that people would PaperArtsy-fy their items and bring them together somehow in their preferred crafting style into a contribution to share with you on the blog this coming week.
So coming up each evening this week, we will have 3 random players from the #PAtwit (ter) family who are featured 'UP' on the blog to share what they created with their 3 mystery items.
We can't wait to see what you have all pulled together with the stash we gave you, and no doubt using additional bits and bobs and stamps from your personal craft stash too. There is no right or wrong, up or down, its all just for the fun of joining in something completely random, and sharing it with the larger PaperArtsy family. So thank you to all our #3Up-sters who have been real good sports the last 2 weeks, and agreed to jump in, boots and all. Each player has a provided a piccie or two, and an explanation of what they did and how.
First up, a lady who single-handedly used the #3UP hash-tag probably 10 times more than any other single tweeter! And who has, most appropriately, used the word 'secrets' on her piece which sums up #3UP perfectly really doesn't it!
I started by painting the box frame with Eggplant Fresco on all sides.
Tore some pieces of Crackly Tissue Paper to fit the sides, top and front. Painted them with Beach Hut Fresco, and then dry brushed a little Eggplant sparingly over the tissue, wiping back with a baby wipe. Dry the tissue.
Stamped the PaperArtsy Mini 28 (numbers - Ink and the Dog range) in Black Archival Ink on all the pieces of tissue.
Paint the leaf with Limelight Fresco, and the numerals with Little Black Dress, before applying Treasure Gold (White Fire and Indigo). Take 'a secret' from the Eclectica plate ESN06 and ink, omitting the word 'a', stamp on a scrap of card. Then mask the 's' and stamp this again at the end of the word 'secret'. Trim and fix this inside the zero numeral, turned on it's side.
Glue the tissue to the sides, top and front of the painted frame. I used Matte Multi Medium, and sealed with Fresco Satin Glaze. I used Glossy Accents to adhere the numerals on the sides and front as shown. Glue the branch to the front.
Next up is ....
I received 3 flowers,a box frame and wooden tag to make into a project using all the items...
I painted the frame with Little Black Dress Fresco, when dry I applied a thin layer of Crackle Glaze. Next I painted a thick layer of Snowflake as I wanted big cracks. When it was dry I sanded it back a bit more to look distressed
I cut a piece of card from an old box to fit inside the frame. I tore away parts of it to reveal the corrugated bits inside. I painted it all with Snowflake and then started adding layers using Grunge Paste with a knife and through some Crafters Workshop Stencils, some masking tape and mesh. I started painting with Very Berry, Guacamole and a little bit of Hey Pesto. I then stamped the "text" using Mini 61 with Black Archival Ink.
Next I die cut a Tim Holtz birdcage die and the PaperArtsy Song Bird die using Grunge Board. I painted the cage black and distressed it using the Pewter Treasure Gold, I then sanded it a bit and cut some of the bars away. Next I stamped the "Music" from ESN07 behind the bird cage and added chain.
I painted and stenciled the wooden tag to match the background, added 'song bird fly' in newsprint alphas and lightly rubbed Pewter Treasure Gold over the top. Added the tag to the background and put it all into the frame. I added pink scrim to some of the edges, some leaves cut out from ELB01 and the flowers to finish off...There is a tiny bit of black "shcizzle" foil on the edge of the frame .... Well you have to don't you lol...also a filigree wrap and some pearls to finish off.
(I made some tiny rosebuds from the pink flower that fell in the black paint..well the bits I could save)
And last but not least tonight we have ....
I was sent 2 pieces of Grey Board plus 2 Vintaj Metal Tags and the metal embellishment on the front.
This was a real experiment with Embossing Paste, Stencils, Fresco Paints and Beeswax .
The back and front were stencilled with Golden Fibre Paste and painted up with Fresco Paints. The hinge was made from a piece of Grunge Board, painted up to match. Two brads attached through the grey board also painted to match. Embellishment on the front the same, layered up on black card and edged with gold leafing pen. I used the feather stamp underneath the stencil on the front cover.
Inners covered with book pages, stencilled covered with beeswax. Images stamped, and coloured with pens. The two metal disks stamped with shell stamp, coloured and layered onto black card and placed over the pointy ends of the brads to cover them up
All Grey Board and hinges edged with Black acrylic paint.
Soooooooo what do you think LOL! Thank you for being such good sports and playing along. More "3UP" goings on tomorrow night.