Day 12: Featuring Jacqui Chimes
Using Nut and Meg Plates 7 and 8Here we are on the last day of this Christmas Feature. the Design Team has produced a huge variety of projects, cards and creative ideas which have been a fantastic inspiration to us all. I can't thank them enough for sharing with us all, they have been great to work with for this feature which has made the editorial work I needed to do quite exciting as all the different projects arrived in via mail and email.
I hope you will find this a great resource for your own Christmas Preparation this year, and that you will continue to spread the word and share with your friends the ideas that have been presented here.
Today we have some lovely cards from Jacqui Chimes using these 2 sets of images. A few of these use Egg and Nog which she made for us some time ago, and this is the perfect time to feature them. Some other projects also use Nut and Meg, and all are beautifully styled, and easy to make. Through this she also links to a few beautiful online tutorials from other blogs whihc I know I'll be using for future projects! Thanks for you time and expertise Jacqui. You can see more of Jacqui here at her blog.
by Jacqui Chimes
- Stamp cat on white card and again on red and green card.
- Use Nestibilities die to cut circle around cat and emboss, and then sponge lightly while still in die with Aged Mahogany’ distress ink. Mount onto black circle.
- Cut hat from red card and scarf from green card and glue in place. Decorate hat with ‘jewel’ and Stickles glitter.
- Cut a rectangle of patterned paper (Basic Grey Wassail) and mount on to slightly larger back card.
- Cut rectangle of white card and stamp ‘words’ from Nut & Meg 8 three times. Trim closely and mount onto slightly larger black card.
- Stamp ‘Christmas Cheer’ from Nut and Meg 3 onto white scrap, sponge edges and mount onto slightly larger black card.
- Layer as shown onto red and black card using ‘pop-dots’ for cat and Christmas Cheer. Stamp ‘Merry Christmas’ from Egg and Nog 3 onto white square and use to decorate inside of card.
Santa in PJ's?
- Santa (SIEN9) is stamped and embossed twice once on plain white and once on patterned paper.
- Cut out his hat coat, gloves and trousers from the patterned paper and layered them on top of the white. Boots are coloured in and background is swirls cuttlebug folder.
- The 3 Trees (SIEN1) are stamped with black Brilliance, clear embossed and cut out from 3 different papers.
- Middle tree is embellished with star brad.
- Word is also embossed and little tree coloured.
- The strip is finished with a Fiskars border punch.
Basic Grey Wassail again this time with some white card that has been Cuttlebugged - Snowflakes design.Trees are SIEN1.
- Uses unknown (very old) paper, swiss dots cuttlebug embosing folder and flower stamps (SIEN 2 and SIEN4) layered up with black brad.
- Flowers are embossed before they are cut out. Words are also embossed.
- Mini Box Tutorial can be found here on how to construct the actual box. I used 2 different shades of card rather than patterned paper. For box sides cut lighter card into rectangles a little smaller than the box sides.
- Stamp ‘snowflake’ from Nut & Meg 8 in centre using Aged Mahogany distress ink and glue to panels onto the box side. Decorate with ‘jewel’ as shown.
- Decorate the lid using square and scalloped square cut using Nestibilities and decorate with ‘roses’.
- Roses are made by stamping large stitched ‘flower’ from Egg & Nog 10 three times for each flower onto patterned paper (or colour your own), cutting out and following instructions from this tutorial When complete glue to lid. I used Glossy Accents and decorated the corners of scalloped square with ‘jewels’.
Elf Gift Card Holder
Construct gift card holder using template found here (instructions are not in English but it’s easy to ‘work out’). I used light green card and a darker green to edge inside pockets, to border patterned paper on front and for band and scalloped circle.
- Use Basic Grey Wassail paper to decorate front and insides as shown (I sponged the edges with Black Soot distress ink.
- Stamp and emboss ‘Elf’ from Nut and Meg 7 three times onto white card. Colour with metallic gel pens and decorate with ‘Stickles’. Cut out 2 closely and glue to card as shown.
- Stamp and emboss ‘Santa’s Little Helpers’ once, ‘Wanted’ once, ‘Elf's feet’ once and ‘Elves are in the House’ three times onto white card. Outline words with marker pen to match the ‘Wanted’ border and then cut out and glue to card as shown.
- Decorate card with ‘Spiral Circle’ stamp from Nut & Meg 7 and ‘Christmas Cheer’ from Nut & Meg 3 as shown.
- Use Nestibilities circle and scalloped circle for third elf and cut two strips of card (one slightly wider than the other) to go around gift card. Fold around and glue together at back (make sure it is not too tight). Glue ‘Elf’ circle to front and slip over holder to complete.
PaperArtsy Blog Giveaway: You know the deal, to be in for a chance to win Nut and Meg Plates 7 & Nut and Meg 8 on EZ mount, AND a pack of Rum and Raisin Papers, then leave a comment and we'll get the randomiser to pick a winner.This offer ends midnight GMT the day of this posting, 15 September 2009, and is open to all players worldwide.
NB. Please check back on the 'Winner' posts, as we have a couple of prizes as yet unclaimed, and it might be you!!!