Friday, 1 June 2007
Today I just had to make something using blue and orange. I guess its not a 'normal' combo, but it's so vibrant and I love it.
In February at SMAC (the Paris trade show) I met Mona from Creative Imaginations who was doing the most fabulous make n takes with their Bare Essentials line. At the end of the show she gave me a gorgeous goodie bag of bits and bobs, and a cropadile (to lighten her load home). So today I learned how to set eyelets with the cropadile into the tags. I guess that's kind of basic for those of you who know how to use these babies, but I must say, the tag thingy is really fat, and the eyelets (soft aluminium) seemed to set perfectly and evenly...a feat I have not achieved before with the other cazillion setters I own! So big thanks to Mona!
To make the tag I started with Ranger Acrylic dabbers (Sail Boat Blue/ Sunset Orange) and dabbed onto cut and dry foam, then smooched all over the tag back. This gave a scratchy covering. Over that I stamped a PaperArtsy Mini (MN#20) in Red Pepper/Sunshine Yellow, and stapled randomly blue and orange ribbons around the edge top make an arch. German Scrap (Fancy Border) got rubbed with Archival Black ink (Ranger) and glued over the staples. The image is Mini #10. I set blue star eyelets at the foot and gave her a party hat from a background I made with the blue and orange dabbers.
On the front window panel I inked up the mini #20 in blue/ orange and randomly stamped around the acetate frame. Then softly sponged blue and orange over the top. I set eyelets (metallic blue and orange) around the edge, attached book corners, and hand drew dashed lines to make the frame more 'finished'.
I just found out that Wednesday stamper is doing a ''door" challenge this week, I figured my Ribbon Arch could maybe fit that brief too. Blow me down, Belinda has got a gorgeous Blue and Orange (and pink) door! Go take a look the work there is so inspirational.
Posted by PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps at 18:50